Patient Service Representative (Front Desk)ICMS
Come join our ICMS team as a Patient Service Representative. You will be the first person that patients see when they arrive to check in, and will guide them through all of the processes needed. This Per Diem job opportunity is for 16 hours per week, working on Thursdays and Fridays. There is also the opportunity to fill in on various days and work additional hours. In this position you will get to:
- Schedule patients for laboratory tests, medical examinations, and consultations.
- Relay information to patients regarding preparation for laboratory tests and examinations, entering the information into the EHR as applicable.
- Assist patients with the check in process and verify information, including insurance.
- Inform patients of costs of care being provided. Collect and post fees according to protocols.
- Answer telephones, screen callers, relay messages, and greet patients.
- Maintain forms and office supplies required for front desk activities.
We are looking for a dependable and professional candidate. This position handles sensitive information, which requires a strong use of confidentiality. Experience in a medical office setting and a high school diploma are preferred.
To view the full job description, visit www.icmsvh.org.
For more information, contact
Claire Zoellick, Director of Human Resources at Islands Community Medical Services, Inc.
Phone: 207.863.4341 x1116
Email: [email protected]
Current Jobs Available Town OfficeTown Of Vinalhaven
To provide clinical support for medical practitioners, conduct follow up with the patients concerning lab and other tests results, triage patient calls as needed, and support the Patient Centered Medical Home Initiative. Performs phlebotomy work and injections, manage patient records; act as a liaison between patient, hospital, other providers and the practitioners. Job purpose resolves and acts out Islands Community Medical Services, Inc’s mission, vision and value statements.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare patients to be seen by provider.
- Assist practitioners in the performance of medical procedures.
- Assist providers with minor surgical procedures.
- Perform in office testing and treatment.
- Order patient lab tests in EMR.
- Triage patient calls as needed.
- Notify patient of applicable results, communicating recommendations of diagnostic studies.
- Document all required information appropriately in patient electronic medical record.
- Perform immunizations and update state impact program.
- Manage PAQ.
- Prepare and maintain X-Ray equipment, set machine for images, and send images.
- Medication management and distribution.
- Assist in after-hour care as needed.
- Order clinical supplies and maintain adequate supplies in treatment and exam rooms.
- Properly utilize and maintain all equipment for job.
- Perform other duties as directed.
We are looking for a dependable and professional candidate. This position handles sensitive and confidential information, which requires a strong use of confidentiality. Experience in a medical office setting and a high school diploma are preferred. This full-time position required 36 hours per week, during open hours of the medical center.
Please visit our website: www.icmsvh.org for more information and for a copy of the Employment Application.